The first South American edition of the World Rookie Tour kicked off Saturday, august the 14th, in Valle Nevado, Chile. This event features some European rookies, RedBull’s pro Filippo Kratter as international guest and a bunch of Chilean youngsters. First days saw a snowboard clinic and a rail jam session. The slopestyle contest, scheduled for Sunday august 15th , was postponed to Saturday August 21st because of a wind storm while all the freeride and cultural activities scheduled for the next days are confirmed.
Rodeo on the transfer – Sven Thorgren (Swe)
The European crew at the Mall Sport South America Rookie Fest includes Filippo Kratter, Sebastian Geiger and Andreas “Mone” Monsberger, and an EU Squad of selected rookies from previous stops of the World Rookie Tour: Marco Grigis (Ita), Hakon Hernes (Nor), Sven Thorgren (Swe) and Georg Huber (Aut).
Hakon Hernes (NOR)
Georg Huber (Aut)
Sven Thorgren (SWE)
Sebastian Geiger (AUT)
On Saturday the Mall Sport South America Rookie Fest offered local snowboarders a freestyle clinic with Filippo Kratter from RedBull and Sebastian Geiger from Ride Snowboards. It included a theoretical part to explain Filippo’s carrier from rookie to pro, followed by 2 groups of freestyle clinics.
Filippo Kratter’s snowboard clinic
On Sunday the Swatch TTR 2Star slopestyle couldn’t happen because of a wind storm and it was postponed to the next Saturday (august 21st ). Instead of the slopestyle, a rail jam session was arranged in order to produce photos and film footage with the rookies.
Marco Grigis (ITA) during the rail jam
From Monday august 16th to Friday 20th the first “Freeride Edition” of the World Rookie Tour will take place. European invited rookies and 2 wild cards from Chile will enjoy a week of sports and cultural activities: backcountry shootings in Valle Nevado, one day surf trip, visit of Santiago de Chile and an environmental clinic with the Chilean “Tell A Vision” premiere of “Respira” from Drew Stevenson project 2010 in Brazil.
Mall Sport South America Rookie Fest – Updated Program
– Monday, August 16th : Start of the Freeride Program with European invited rookies and pros, best 2 south americam riders from slopestyle and Anden Crew.
– Tuesday,August 17th : Powder Kicker Session and Photo Shooting with BoardTV and Aestetiker TV.
– Wednesday, August 18th : Mall Sport Freeride Session
– Thursday, August 19th: Chilean Dinner & Party at “A-House” in Farellone by Fabian Giavio and Urban Rail Session in Farellones.
– Friday, August 20th: Night Photo Shooting
– Saturday, August 21st : Slopestyle contest (inscription at 8.00am at Terraza Slalom in Valle Nevado)
– Sunday, August 22nd : final event at “Santa Pizza Wave House” with Chilean Dinner, Skateboarding, Flow riding and Party.
– Monday, August 23rd : Departure day
– Warning: 1 Day Flash Surf Trip to be defined
Pictures by Trojer Meinhard
For info and media request
WSF Vice President
mobile: +39.3220.127.116.119 or +56.9-963.4572 (Chilean mobile phone number)