Once again World Rookie Fest in Livigno will measure its own carbon footprints and then take action by reducing emissions and offsetting unavoidable emissions by purchasing credits from Renewable Energy from Wood Biomass based in Tirano, a few kilometers from Livigno.
This energetic project uses surplus biomass residues to generate electricity for 500 houses, avoiding the use of 3.5 million liters of gasoline and 10.500 tons of CO2 per year. Also this project pushes traditional agricultural activities and mountain forest maintenance in the same area where the event happens.
In this way the event offsets locally the CO2 emissions generated and reaches the status of a Climate Neutral Event, certified by Climate Partner.
To be mentioned that this is made possible thanks to the support of Livigno Skipassion, the green sponsor of the event.
The biggest only rookie event ever
More than 95 riders from 14 nations around the world can’t wait to the enjoy the 3Star Protest World Rookie Fest 2011 that will be held in the Swatch Snowpark Mottolino, Livigno, Italy.
From 15 to 19 january 2011 rookies will land in the Swatch Mottolino Snowpark, Livigno, to take part to the this unique rookie contest. Riders will be split into two categories: Rookie, those who were born between 1 January 1993 and 31 December 1995, and Grom, who were born after January 1, 1996. Both male and female.
The prize list for the Protest World Rookie Fest in Livigno 2011 includes:
– Ticket to the Oakley Arctic Challenge in Olso and to the Ride Shakedown in Garmisch
– Only for girls!! Ticket for the Rip Curl Sista Sessions for the best girl
– Trip to Chile for the best male
– Invitation to the Onboard Rookie Shooting 2011 for the best male
– Only for girls!! Invitation to the Cooler Rookie Shooting 2011 for the best girl
– 3 Surf camp in France powered by www.surftolive.com
– Gifts from the sponsors as Tech Riders, Protest and Ride Snowboards goodies
The Rookie Training Camp
After the contests, from 19th to 22nd January there will be organize 3 days of training dedicated to progression, filming and photoshootings. Roope Tonteri, World Rookie Champion 2009 e 2010, Redbull rider Filippo Kratter e Protest rider Joki Koeffler will be your coaches..you can’t miss it!!
Home Page: www.worldsnowboardfederation.org
Info and Registrations