The World Rookie Rank is a World Snowboard Tour based ranking, developed as an entry criteria for the World Rookie Finals and as a base for National Rookie Ranks. During the World Rookie Tour, started in the southern of America in summer 2015, every event assigned valuable points for both World Snowboard Tour and World Rookie Rank on a regional – national – international level. The featured events are usually freestyle rookie 1star competitions organized by local clubs or national snowboard associations, but also the rookie categories at national snowboard contests assign points for the World Rookie Rank. In addition to regional and national events, the World Snowboard Federation, in association with some of the best snowboard organizers in the world, organizes the international World Rookie Tour stops at 2, 3 and 4star level base.
The average of the best 3 results generated the overall rider’s points in the World Rookie Rank and World Grom Rank used as on of the qualification criteria for the 2016 Volkl World Rookie Finals, to be held in Ischgl, Austria, from 5 to 10 April 2016.
QUALIFING CRITERIA TO THE VOLKL WORLD ROOKIE FINALS
– Riders, male and female, born 1st January 1998 and younger are admitted.
– Riders will be divided in 2 age groups: born before/after 2001.
– Only riders from WSF member nations are admitted.
– Qualified are the top 20 riders of the World Rookie Rank (top 20 male, top 20 female) + the top 10 riders from the Grom rank by the 23th of march 2016. You can check the rookie ranks down here.
– Additional every Nation is allowed to nominate 2 Rookies Men, 1 Rookie Girl, 1 Grom Men, 1 Grom Girl.
– The top 3 riders, both male and female / Rookie and Grom, from the previous international stops in Chile, Switzerland (Corvatsch and Laax), Italy (Livigno and Monte Bondone), France, Norway, USA and Japan are already qualified to the Volkl World Rookie Finals. National secretary or national coaches are allowed to send their team inscriptions.