The Snowboard World Rookie Rank is a World Snowboard Tour based ranking, developed as an entry criteria for the World Rookie Finals and as a base for National Rookie Ranks. During the World Rookie Tour, every event assigned valuable points for both World Snowboard Tour and World Rookie Rank on a regional – national – international level. The featured events are usually freestyle rookie 1star competitions organized by local clubs or national snowboard associations, but also the rookie categories at national snowboard contests assign points for the World Rookie Rank. In addition to regional and national events, the World Snowboard Federation, in association with some of the best snowboard organizers in the world, organizes World Rookie Tour stops at regional, national and international level base.
The average of the best 3 results generated the overall rider’s points in the World Rookie Rank and World Grom Rank used as on of the qualification criteria for the 2020 World Rookie Finals, to be held in Kitzsteinhorn – Zell am See-Kaprun, Austria.
QUALIFING CRITERIA TO THE WORLD ROOKIE SNOWBOARD FINALS
- Rookies (boys and girls) born from the 1st of January 2002 to the 31st of December 2004.
- Groms (boys and girls) born from the the 1st of January 2005 and younger.
- Only riders from WSF member nations are admitted.
- Qualified are the top 20 riders of the World Rookie Rank (top 20 male, top 20 female) + the top 10 riders from the Grom rank by the 18th of March 2019. You can check the ranking down here.
- Additional every Nation is allowed to nominate 2 Rookies Men, 1 Rookie Girl, 1 Grom Men, 1 Grom Girl.
- The top 3 riders, both male and female / Rookie and Grom, from the previous international stops are already qualified to the Kitzsteinhorn at Zell am See-Kaprun World Rookie Finals. National secretary or national coaches are allowed to send their team inscriptions.
The Snowboard Ranking
The Freeski World Rookie Rank is under construction.