1 – 4 February, Borsa – Maramures (Romania)
With pride, we announce the organization of the third stage of the Maramureș Rookie Fest, part of the World Rookie Tour circuit it will take place on the Olympic Slope in Borșa (Romania). This marks the fourth winter event within the World Rookie Tour organized by the Extreme Sports Club RIVULUS Association in partnership with the Borșa Telegondola. Notably, in 2022, we hosted two stages of the World Rookie Tour in Romania. Currently, we have 50 riders from across Europe confirmed for this event. Countries such as Austria, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Germany, Slovenia, Bulgaria or Romania have confirmed their participation in the event.
We will bring together young people passionate about extreme sports from all over the world. During four adrenaline-filled days, participants will have the opportunity to demonstrate their skills in disciplines such as snowboarding and skiing.
“This third edition continues to strengthen the position of Maramureș Rookie Fest within the World Rookie Tour circuit, thus confirming our status as hosts of an event of excellence in the field of extreme sports. We expect the presence of outstanding talents and are determined to offer an unforgettable experience to both participants and spectators“, the organizers said.
We’re delighted to have them with us. All riders know that Romania offers a unique vibe. The Carpathian Mountains eagerly await, providing a landscape distinct from the Alps, Dolomites, and other familiar ranges. This is a truly special event. The event, dedicated to both skiers and snowboarders in the freestyle or slopestyle variants, represents a unique opportunity for Romanian riders to compete in a global circuit, accumulating points and interacting with riders from other countries.
Riders come eagerly to Maramureș, the most traditional part of Romania. Beyond the spectacular scenery, our hospitality, unmatched anywhere else globally, welcomes them from the bottom of our hearts. We also proudly offer the most beautiful and spectacular prizes for the riders.
Here’s a detailed schedule of the competition :
Thursday, February 1, 2024:
– Arrival and reception of athletes at hotels in Borsa
– Dinner at the hotel
Friday, February 2, 2024:
– Breakfast at the hotel
– Technical meeting in the snowpark of Borsa resort
– Official training day
– 5:30 PM Gathering at the Cultural Center in Borsa to watch a film about the resort and its significance in Romanian and Eastern European skiing
– Evening dinner at the hotel
Saturday, February 3, 2024:
– Breakfast at the hotel
– Competition day:
– 9:00-10:30 Warm-up
– 10:30-10:45 Technical meeting with riders and coaches
– 11:00-13:30 Qualifications for both snowboard and free ski, boys and girls
– 1:30-2:00 PM Reshape at the snowpark
– 2:00-4:00 PM Finals for both snowboard and ski
– 5:30 PM Award ceremony at the base of the slope
– Evening: Party with DJ, music, and fun, jibbing competition at the base of the slope (6:00 PM)
Sunday, February 4, 2024:
– Departure of athletes home
Registration Fee: 40 euro or 200 ron
For information and registration: