The Black Yeti is used to travel all around the world scounting for the best riders and, at the end of 2014 season, some of them were invited to join a special Freeride & Video Trip to Chile. The Black Yeti and friends have already travelled down to Chile many times and for many reasons: to enjoy the beautiful backcountry around Valle Nevado, to go skateboarding in concrete skatepark in the capital city of “Santiago de Chile“, to go surfing in Pichilemu and to discover some of the most famous cultural places of Chile such as Valparaiso.
Also this year the crew took part in the 2014 South America Rookie Fest. The video documentary from the “2014 Rookie Trip to Chile” is now online and will show our passion not only for snowboarding, but also for travelling, for nature and for the lifestyle behind boardsports such as skateboard and surf.
Watch and share the video documentary “2014 Rookie Trip to Chile” here: https://vimeo.com/113369453
The crew: Kaito Hamada (Japan – 2014 WSF World Grom Champion), Keita Inamura (Japan – 2014 WSF World Rookie Champion), Federico Chiaradio (Argentina – SA Rookie Fest rider), Gianluca “Jimmi” Zanetti (WSF Board of Director), Shingery “Ishi” Ishiara (WSF Board of Director), Andreas Monsberger (Austria, filmer and editor), Arnau Fernandez (Chile – WRT organizer) and Familia Yanez (Chile, local host).
2014.15 World Rookie Tour – Calendar
– South America Rookie Fest / Valle Nevado . Chile / 8-12 Aug 2014 / Slopestyle – DONE
– Australian Rookie Fest / Thredbo . Australia / 22-23 Aug 2014 / Slopestyle – DONE
– Iceripper Rookie Fest / Laax . Switzerland / 07-10 Jan 2015 / Halfpipe
– WSF World Rookie Fest / Livigno . Italy / 10-15 Jan 2015 / Slopestyle
– Hellas Rookie Fest / Greece / 23-25 Jan 2015 / Slopestyle
– Bulgarian Rookie Fest / Pamporovo . Bulgaria / 30 Jan -1 Feb 2015 / Slopestyle + Halfpipe
– Transilvania Rookie Fest / Arena Platos . Romania / 6-8 Feb 2015 / Slopestyle
– Trentino Rookie Fest / Monte Bondone . Italy / 25 Feb -1 Mar 2015 / Slopestyle + Halfpipe
– Oslo Rookie Fest / Oslo Vinterpark . Norway / 27 Feb – 1 Mar 2015 / Halfpipe
– Indy Park Rookie Fest / Nekoma . Japan / 6-7 Mar 2015 / Slopestyle
– Völkl World Rookie Finals / Ischgl . Austria / 07-12 Apr 2015 / Slopestyle
WSF rookie events are reserved to Rookies (born from 1st of January 1997 to 31st of December 1999) and Grom (born from 1st of January 2000 and up), both boys and girls. All contests of the World Rookie Tour will generate valuable results for the TTR World Snowboard Tour Ranks and for the World Rookie Rank developed by World Snowboard Federation.
Follow the World Rookie Tour online @